Sunday, May 3, 2009

Home

Hmm. I am really, really enjoying this Sunday. NOTHING to do today but whatever I like, which happens to be some more river drawing right this minute.



I think I'll take a break and think about what to draw next, I think there should be more things by the side of the river...

After the weekend I'll start on the first artworks for the new book, which is called "HOME", provisionally. It's fun thinking about it, especially since I have no real concept of Home at all, in a geographical sense, or really in any sense other than home is where I draw and write and think. - Today I was thinking of being in school in Germany and other children asking me when I'd go back home to my own country, since they mostly assumed I must have come from somewhere else. I was wondering that myself, and spent a lot of time imagining what that place was like where I was supposed to be. Now I think that imagining that place was going home already, and so was imagining any other place, or drawing it or writing about it.
Which is nice.

Hm, I'll stop with the river for now and try out these tinted charcoals - I just got a whole tin full of them, yay.

I like the way that everywhere I look in this studio there's another current project, on a shelf, in a box, on the computer, in a folder...

P.S: artworks isn't really the plural of artwork, is it :)

4 comments:

VictoriaMia said...

I love these!

Fr√łydis said...

Oh, the river picture is so beautiful :)

Sarah said...

Ooo, that's nice! I love the pattern of the water and that you got in the London Eye. :-)

Joe Sutphin said...

I wish I could see it for real! i bet its fantastic!
you just have such a great style. it seems that you should win a caldacot someday! they always pick such interesting artists.