Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cold

Oof. This is quite definitely the most boring cold I've had in years. I don't know why... I started reading some books, and tried to do some drawings, I even installed Celtx on my eeepc so I could do some scriptwriting in bed. But somehow I just feel dull in the brain.
Especially the writing is hard. I'm kind of used to writing loads of rubbish in novel-form and then editing it back down, but scripting is something new and disturbing. I hope I'll get used to it soon. For some reason the unfamiliar format makes it awkward to write, having to switch between image descriptions and dialogue in this odd way... I have a feeling that it'll be fun once I got over that though.
Funnily enough, every time I drift off to sleep I dream exciting fantasy adventure scenes, all fights and crows and flapping coats and that sort of thing. Also unusual, for me.

I think I'll crawl upstairs now and demand to be shown some old Doctor Who episodes...

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Hope you feel better soon! I know all about numb-head syndrome, it is the Worst.

SugarCain said...

Once I described an anxious and fuzzy feeling I had developed in response to writing on deadline, and my son, maybe ten years old at the time, said, "Can't you just watch the movie in your head and write that down?" And that works for me.

Joe Sutphin said...

well, your dreams sure do sound cool...i never have cool dreams. just stupid ones...

Viviane Schwarz said...

That's a good idea, with the movie in your head... I was thinking something like that... am sometimes too fuzzy to run the movie though. Or accidentally put in a reel of adverts or something...

I don't normally have cool dreams, just every few months or once a year or so I get half a manga epic.
Oh I bet you have all sorts of brilliant dreams, maybe write them down when you wake up and you'll see they aren't all stupid!

Meh, am still feeling rubbish today and dehydrated and cross...

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

So, did you write them down? I really do marvel at you when I pop over here- you seem to be creative at all times and with all things...I thinks it's really wonderful.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Ha! :) I tried to write them down but realised I was too stuffy-headed. I think it was a good thing to take a week out and just be vaguely creative in my head...