Friday, April 24, 2009

Viv's holidaying in the real world!

Hello there!

If you're not reading as much from me as usual it's just because I am making myself stay away from the computer for a while (except for absolutely necessary work, and email). A bit like cutting out dairy.
It's just that I noticed the ideas I wake up with and want to implement at the moment have shifted from writing the next scene in a novel or making a new animal from socks to replacing all the system noises on the computer with Holly from Red Dwarf. Which is VERY frustrating considering I have a whole list of great projects on at the moment, comics and videos and novels and, yeah, some paid work, too!

So here's a quick non-exhaustive list of stuff I've done meanwhile:
- realised I used to walk everywhere and started doing so again. Which means I now walk past vegetable shops on the way home from work. Which means I could do casual grocery shopping. Which means I cooked some real food. Which made me go "a-ha" and cancel my pool membership, which is supposed to keep me exercised, because to be fair one rarely swims past useful shops.
- tried again to teach myself to breathe properly, keep my head up and suck my stomach in when walking about. Walking about is very useful, I wonder when I forgot.
- drew a lot of hamsters. I mean, A LOT OF HAMSTERS.

Here are some hamsters. They are method-acting for a scene in a book & really giving it some welly.

If you don't hear from me, I am drawing hamsters, most likely, or walking about. Send me a mail if you miss me... Internet holiday! Whee! Meeting real people for coffee! SItting on the grass eating actual food! Whoo hoo!

I'll be back.

2 comments:

Jessie Lilac said...

It's great isn't it...real life? I discovered it this morning, venturing out to a life drawing session. Thing is I've missed all the blog posts and twitters ;) - I like your hamsters btw!

Swati said...

Oh I love those hamsters!