Sunday, April 12, 2009

Scrap

I found a scrap of paper with an intro for another song I wrote years ago. It remember cutting it because, well, it totally spoiled the song.
But it's quite funny.
Here:


The more we learned about the moon
and the planets of our system
the less appealing they appeared
if they'd be gone, we would not miss them.
the moon is dry and airless
the rest is gas and grit and ice
and frankly, we couldn't care less.
They're just not very nice.


The song, incidentally, was otherwise quite good... I must do something with all these old lyrics.

4 comments:

Eric Orchard said...

All these lyrics are wonderful1 Reminds me of Lear a bit but more sensical.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Thank you that is nice! I like Lear a lot. He was actually quite sensical really I think... I mean, he made a lot of sense.

Eric Orchard said...

I think so too1 And so much fun to read aloud to Henry...In fact I plan on printing this off and stuffing it into my Lear collection to read to Henry.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Ha! Don't put him off the solar system, it's very cool really :D