Tuesday, April 28, 2009

River

This is what I've been drawing the last few nights. Turns out night time drawing is good for insomnia. It's so big that at some point I decided to cut it up and work on it in sections. This is just the middle bit.

river in progress

I hope it'll be something nice when it's finished.

Have to put it away for today though because I need to collage an exploding suitcase and paint some replacement cats for the endpaper of the sequel to "There are Cats in this Book".

6 comments:

Tim said...

There's a two year old girl upstairs who would be so excited to know that there were More Cats in a Book coming, if only she had any concept of the future beyond two days...

I can't wait, anyway!

Joe Sutphin said...

thats a super cool river there...i like those 2 beasts up top...

Viviane Schwarz said...

Hello Tim! - She'll possibly be four years old by the time it comes out, which is shocking isn't it!!

Thanks Joe! I am enjoying this drawing, it takes me right back to all-night drawing sessions as a teenager. The two beasts were the first thing I drew actually, they seemed important. They appear again lower down...

Sarah said...

Oooo, pretty!!! :-D

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

This is beautiful! Like a Japanese woodcut. I marvel at how you can keep it all straight- I mean filling in the ink and having it look so organic and still very composed.

You know, it's so cool that you have all of these totally differnt styles, but they all look like your work.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Ha, that's nice... in fact and actually, I went to see a brilliant Japanese print exhibition today and I was thinking: oh man, THAT'S the way to draw water... I want to draw more water, in fact, and really work something out...