Thursday, April 16, 2009

Picnic!!!

My birthday present from my flatmate arrived!!!
It's a picnic hamper for six. Apparently it originally came with a Roll-Royce.

hamper

I mean, if you bought a Rolls-Royce in the fifties, you'd have this in the boot.
The Wedgewood set of plates and cups and saucers is almost complete, but they kind of feel brittle and scared so I shall take them out and replace them with a mixed collection of pretty plastic crockery.
I'll keep the original beakers though. They are a nice brand:

nicebrand

So while it is bucketing down outside I am making plans to turn this into my ideal special occasion kit... I used to do a lot of moomin-style emergency pic-nics, but somehow London defeated me that way, it's just so much easier to grab some food from a café here.
I really miss it though, used to be my solution for all troubles. It's good to have the tools again at least.

6 comments:

Jessie Lilac said...

Very poshe! I love that blue - too good to use, except by moomins of course!

Viviane Schwarz said...

It is! Am keeping the original crockery for Best. But am Very Tempted to put in a set of moomin mugs... would that be silly?

Frøydis said...

No, that would not be silly! :)
The picnic set looks amazing!

Sarah said...

Oh wow, THAT is the Rolls Royce of picnic ware! Fabulous.

Viviane Schwarz said...

It is! I vote for a Peckham Park Picnic ASAP. If it ever stops raining.

tiger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.