Saturday, April 4, 2009

Dusting

Today I decided to upgrade my operating system - not for very good reasons, mainly because everything was running a bit slow and I'm sure much of that was down to forgotten tinkerings I've done while trying to make something or another work.
Of course the upgrade didn't work - failed spectacularly, in fact, I am quite impressed. Now I am re-formatting the whole thing and getting cute messages like "It is likely that something bad is going on". Yes, well perceived, thank you Linux. worse things happen at sea, though.
In any case, this seems to be the perfect opportunity to tidy and dust the studio, because it's too boring to watch all those files filing past...

2 comments:

Swati said...

All the best for that endeavour!

Viviane Schwarz said...

Thank you! Mostly done already. Good thing I backed up my system settings. Annoying that I didn't back up my drivers. Ah well.