Monday, March 9, 2009

Working on Talking

Ah. I think I just finished the written-down-bulletpointy part of my lecture for next Friday. I have no idea if it's 45 minutes long, I'll try it out once I've put all the slides in order. I've re-photographed the books I want to show, this time using a tripod (very organised) and managed about half of them before the battery ran out (less organised). I've got a minimum of stuff to read out, just an introduction to help me get going in the beginning. I know people hate having stuff read out, but I don't care because writing stuff to be read out is my job, so they'll have to deal with a paragraph or two. Yes. I am feeling assertive. Keep that up. Good.

And now I can't do anything more, for the time being, because I need to watch the spin cycle on the washing machine. Not out of fascination but because sometimes it walks and then I need to stop it. Might have a nap. Mm.

5 comments:

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

So I was wondering...have you thought about lecturing here? Like maybe in august for the SCBWI conference in LA??

Eric Orchard said...

Or here at NSCAD? Or OCAD? You could do a north American tour. Love the Darwin line. I own
Origin but have yet to read it.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Ha! At the moment that all seems rather too much for my brain, but I know that it would be a good idea really!

Swati said...

Er, the spin cycle walks? You mean a tiny little cycle with spinning wheels suddenly takes off, walking instead on those revolving gyrating er, limbs, carrying perhaps an odd sock or two? Or, oh I get it, the machine starts wibbling wobbling in the direction of the door, wanting to slide out when no-one is looking. Perhaps it is secretly commissioned to spy on the size of your clothes and needs to report to the - spymaster?

Swati said...

And oh, a nap sounds great to me too :)