Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sigh.

Oof... over the last couple of weeks or so I've had the fascinating (to myself and no one else) project of fixing up a small old laptop - it's a Sony Vaio with all external drives, and all I want is to stick Puppy Linux on it. I managed to make it run Ubuntu, then I erased that (ran too slow) and never managed to put any other operating system on again... anyway... I've learned a lot about computers in the meantime, which makes it all worthwhile I say.
I'm very determined to make it work! It's taking up most of my non-art brainspace, in fact...
I really wish I was cleverer about computers, just that little bit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, sorry to eavesdrop on your sigh , this isn't even related to the super-spy technological mastery you exhibit in your regeneration of clonky laptops! but we just bought your there are cats in this book book and sat on waterstone's carpet in raptures. our son is 9 and so picture books are not coveted as they once were, but we bought it for us ( aged 37 and 38 ) and love the gentle funny voice and delicious drawings and colours! Thank you! We are thinking of as many smaller minds to buy it for as we can now. Thank you, love sarah and quinton xxxxx

Viviane Schwarz said...

Hooray thank you! It's good to remember that laptops aren't my actual job! (I'd be in trouble then.)
I am very glad you had fun with the cats. That is cheering me mightily. Yay! Yes please do help them spread everywhere and annoy the people in neighboring books with bookshelf floodings... :)

Russet said...

you managed to even think about trying to fix a laptop...my hat goes off to you and I sit here in awe, also I am thinking it is a very interesting way of recharging the artistic brain cells...a jump into the left side of the brain...so to s speak........I paint fences and walls and roofs.......and dig holes in the garden when stepping into the left brain......so I am very very impressed with your direction...best of luck, I will watch your progress.