Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Enough with the hatching already

After two days of hatching, we just decided that the picture I've been working on isn't right for the book...
I don't mind at all, because at some point I started to really enjoy the drawing and I think it's just right for a different project - and I wouldn't have thought of that if I hadn't hatched this one.

hatchphoto

I rather like the foliage. Not so much the big ship, the jumbled perspective doesn't look intentional on it somehow. And I used a different nib there.

4 comments:

ClaireEJ said...

Really interesting image.
I would crop right after the palm trees by Tower Bridge. It's such an interesting mix.
I could see that as a cross stitch design for sure. hmmm....designer thinking aloud there.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Yes, that ship is Officially Not Very Good There, I actually cut it off at some point after taking this picture and it's an improvement... I'll definitely hatch some more landscapes soon!
Cross stitch, goodness me, that would be the one thing more frightening to attempt than cross-hatching!

Eric Orchard said...

Incredible piece Viviane!! I love this, I've never seen you do anything so textured before. fantastic!

Viviane Schwarz said...

I've never seen me do anything like this neither! It's fun! :)