Friday, March 20, 2009

Almost week-end!

The weather is fine, and so naturally I shall... stay indoors and upgrade my operating system from Hardy Heron to Intrepid Ibex, because my Amarok doesn't scrobble properly. I just wanted to write this sentence on the off-chance it gets emailed back in time to myself last year, that'll fox me.

Otherwise I just spent a lovely morning helping film "There are Cats in this Book" as a little video - it's incredible how hard it is to turn pages and read stuff out at the same time when being filmed. Hand-brain-mouth coordination broke down completely at times. Am glad I don't have to do the editing!

Hm, actually I shall walk to the library and pick up some books before I attach myself to this computer for the rest of the weekend (which will invariably happen because SOMETHING will stop working when I upgrade).

2 comments:

Swati said...

In fact several things stop working when you upgrade. And some of them take their time to declare this, usually choosing the last lap of a race against deadlines to let you know.

Viviane Schwarz said...

That sounds like experience... I actually didn't do it in the end because I realised last minute that it wouldn't help anyway. It's going to happen though, one frenzied day...