Monday, February 2, 2009

White Silence

Last Night, when I was coming back from town, the dry white flakes that had been blowing through the air like ash all day suddenly started settling.
The world became luminous, the whole sky glowing yellow and red with the city lights.
Then it became very silent.

snow

I slept very well. It's still silent. I might go out. But I am enjoying so much sitting in my room and fo the first time hearing NOTHING. The stream of cars has been cut off. The people have shut up.

None of the cars or people are equipped for this extreme weather... several inches of real powder snow! They are out there, marvelling and shivering.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for coming out yesterday, it was great to see you! Took me ages to get home, with all the snow.

Viviane Schwarz said...

I bet!!! Just after I arrived home, everything stopped...