Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Where will it all end?

Am still scanning my old sketchbooks. There are a lot of them, even after I had to tear all the good pages out of them and throw the rest away twice in the last ten years. I remember the first time, when I got ready to move to London and had to reduce my possessions because I had to send all my stuff up by post (no removal van and no new flat yet) - I filled four huge recycling bags with torn sketchbooks and made bundles out of all my life drawings, and I remember lying awake in the morning and listening to the recycling van picking it all up...
I have hit the strata of sketches that go back to then, and to more desperate times...



Life is warmer and safer now.

I'll have to stop scanning soon and run errands and work on some roughs...

No comments: