Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Monkeying about abroad

So quite soon I'll be going to Ghent for week to do a few workshops with children, there will be all sorts of art and particularly sock monkey making.



The full instructions (in English) are here, in case you feel like monkey-making, too.

I also suddenly felt inspired to plug some decent headphones into my computer and sign up for Spotify.com - so suddenly I can discover new music while I work. Huh. Amazing what they can do with the internet these days.

4 comments:

Ben said...

I just wanted to pop in and say hi -- I am a LiveJournal friend of Ms. Sarah McIntyre, and on her recommendation I borrowed a copy of "There are Cats..." from the library to read to my kids (4yrs and 18mos.) Both of them love it -- Esme, the 4-yr-old, laughs like a drain every time we get to the ball-of-yarn-in-the-face moment. The cat artwork is lovely, and reminded me a little of Warhol's cat prints -- have you seen them?

Anyway, glad to find you have a blog. It is, as you say, amazing what they can do with the Internet these days...

All the best.

Ben
http://bandersnatch-02.livejournal.com/

Viviane Schwarz said...

Oh hello! :) That is very good to hear. I was hoping that bit would be funny!
The Warhol cats were a big inspiration, I have a facsimile copy of his "25 Cats name Sam and one blue pussy" that I've treasured since childhood. They seem to live in the book, too... (and there aren't 25 of them, neither, it's a complete lie).

Yay for the internet! :)

Swati said...

Spotify. Never heard of it. Hmmm, browse google quick read. Looks interesting. Free not available in my country yet. Neither free pass. In any case, needs invite. Oh well. Good to know in any case. One never knows where the next little tidbit of information will come from, on the internet. These -fy things are interesting - tried contactify yet?

Viviane Schwarz said...

Yes I think it's only UK, spotify is, and perhaps Skandinavia. Nice service anyway!