Tuesday, January 6, 2009

First week... all ok!

Well! This year is starting ok. I got home yesterday and had some international Christmas presents in the post, and I managed today to stick to my New Year Resolution No 1 and eat salad for lunch, never mind what else is in the house that needs eating first - salad is my favourite food but has been badly neglected - there's always something or other around that needs eating first. Also, I don't enjoy grocery shopping, so I tend to just buy a load of stuff every few days, and salad ingredients are never as urgently required as dinner stuff. But I'll prioritise it this year - salad makes me happy, and dinner can always be a takeaway if all else fails. What am I living in London for else???

I also decided that I want my curly hair back. I figured that it could only be due to the hard water that it straightened out some years ago. So I rinsed it with vinegar, fully expecting at least SOME curls to come back... but all I got was frizzy hair, poker-straight and smelling tasty. Must be the chemical dye's fault after all. So I cut it off. I really only kept all that hair on my head anyway because I kind of enjoyed men being charming to me as they seem to be as soon as one's hair goes past one's shoulders. Well, I can deal with opening doors and hanging coats myself if I don't have to put up with this limp mop of stuff any more. I do hope that it'll grow back curly now if I'm nice and not dye it any more.

Nothing much to report else... I just finished drawing some craft instructions and arranged the first meeting of the year. All's well so far!

5 comments:

Viviane Schwarz said...

My mum phoned and asked if I was changing my life. I explained that sorry, no, I was just changing my hair.

I wonder if I'll learn how to go to a hairdresser one day. Somehow I find there's never one in the house when you need one.

alexia said...

I think you should get a 1920's bob - very short at the back and a bit curly in the front. Go to hair by fairy in neils yard and get something cheap and trendy.

Viviane Schwarz said...

That is an excellent plan and I might as well follow it to the letter next time I have a travel card...

Viviane Schwarz said...

Oh! Hey! Whoo! And I could get a white streak for six quid, too! That'd help with the transition to grey... I think...

Jennifer said...

You are too funny! I love the salad idea, and the hair.

Happy New Year! :-)