Sunday, January 11, 2009

Digitising the Collection...

I feel a long night coming on... I finally opened ALL the cardboard boxes under my bed, all of them stuffed with sketchbooks and scraps of paper, mostly just in bundles, some in plastic folders... print-outs of digital work, too (the files long lost)... and I am digitising the lot. Well, everything that I really want to keep, because you never know what climate and mice will do.
And there is such strange stuff! For example, I had forgotten that for a week in college I tried fashion illustration... look:



Tutors explained to me that there probably isn't a lack of lemurs and crows keenly felt in that area, and that one might want to start by having an interest in clothes. True.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the crow on shoulder/ lemur fascinator is very this season! I myself have that exact look except in last season's aye-aye and blue footed booby bird. You are right on the pulse VS!
xx

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

How fun- an archeaological dig. Were you surprised at what you found? Even in these (in the animals especially) there is a very strong style and voice coming through. Thanks for posting these- and I'm glad you didn't go the route of fashion illustration- that would have sucked for the book world.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Thank you!
Lucky for fashion illustration, too! :p