Sunday, January 25, 2009

Comics ahead...

Yesterday I had a social evening with people I mostly didn't know and who all had interesting jobs... proper ones that make them travel around the world and deal with important stuff. I was very pleased that I could say "I make graphic novels". Which is true. I've signed my first contract for one at last! Picture books are great, but less impressive at dinner parties with international lawyers and such.

And I hope to finish my one-page comic for the Literacy Trust today... the ink at least, it'll take me a while longer to tidy it up and colour-separate it for screen printing. Here's a panel.



I'm wondering whether it would be a nice idea to post a list of useful resources for illustration that I've found on the internet... stuff about binding sketchbooks (like this or this) - but also stockists of really useful materials and open source software for digital image making or basic web design in case you want to give that a whirl but don't want to spend loads on something daunting... would that be interesting?

4 comments:

Fr√łydis said...

Yes it would! And yay(!!!) about the contract! :)

Dave Shelton said...

I second that (albeit with fewer exclamation marks).

Viviane Schwarz said...

:) I'll start a file of links...

Hmm, I wish I could start on the project already, but I have two more picture books to get through first! I think I'll start on it anyway though as soon as I can free some minutes...

Swati said...

Yes yes yes, of course. I always like to collect information I think I may use in the future but which I had not been looking for and which, having found once, I am not likely to check again among my bookmarks. But that is just me.