Monday, January 12, 2009

The Cheer of Celestial Bodies

I was sad today because most of my friends are having a hard time, and because it seemed like that's been that way ever since I left school. I reminded myself that this is mostly because I have creative friends.

World hear me whinge! WHINGE! AaRE YOU LISTENING?!

My flatmate just came in and typed that last line. Fair enough.
Anyway, I was much cheered when I had the Solar System ceiling light I got for Christmas installed at last - it's got nine planets in slightly random, but pleasing orbits, and it rotates when I press a button.

Solar System

I also got a cheesecake in the fridge, so I think it'll be a good evening.

2 comments:

alex milway said...

I love that!

When I was a student, the room I inherited had hundreds of glow in the dark stars stuck to the ceiling.

They made me very happy at night.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Hah! - There are stars that came with the planets, sticky ones, a whole sheet, I just can't find them! If I do I'll spend some hours with a broomstick poking them all onto the ceiling...