Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Nights of the Morsicant

So I discovered that I can top up the four hours of sleep I get on average each night with two or three hours of crocheting, filling in the gap between when I wake up after about an hour going WARGH about some odd dream and when I fall asleep again just before dawn or so.

face, almost

and in the process I finally realised what the story is that goes with this piece, and what shape it should be - I think it will be a head attached to a crocheted blanket, like a bear-skin, only as if one had somehow defeated the granny blanket monster of insomnia and turned it into a trophy. Once the head is finished I'll write it up and make it into a short comic.

Man, I am awake but not with all of my brain.

4 comments:

warriorgrrl said...

I think next you should crochet a Lucha Libre mask - how cool would that be? And snuggly for the winter!

Viviane Schwarz said...

Yes!!! Ideal!! Am so going to do that...

han said...

holy moly, the morsicant is looking great! i can't wait to see how he turns out :)

Viviane Schwarz said...

Thank you! - Me neither... I got to check the deadline some time, when I planned him he was not meant to be the size of a bed-spread!