Thursday, November 13, 2008

Milky Coffee

coffee foam

That's the surface of the latte I had yesterday when I decided to not tidy up the studio but go and take my work somewhere else, because I figured I'd never get it done else. I might do the same again today... I love my studio but when I really need to get a lot done in a short time, running off to a cafe is much preferable because at home I get nervous about not getting things done and start tidying and looking for food... in a cafe, people buzz around wiping the tables clean and then offer me food. Ideal. And I get to scatter the milk-foam with sugar and wait for it to cool down, which is a very humane sort of a warm-up phase for work I think, much better than rushing around clearing work surfaces.

1 comment:

Russet said...

I know just what you mean...there is a lovely little cafe down the road called Bay Expresso with the most delicious coffee they roast on site and it's organic too...the cafe faces the winter sun and is so warm and friendly with yummy smells and the hum of people...i go there too and have taken my laptop and sat writing and drawing. That lovely feeling of being surrounded in nurturing while being creative...so energizing I just love it too...I feel inspired to take a pic of the place and post it now....thank you for the inspiration has got me thinking again..