Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fun fun fun at the palace...

So I had a nice evening... I was invited to Kensington Palace (the bit at the back that houses the Princes' Trust, anyway) or at least I thought so until I arrived with my passport and all and wasn't on the guest list. But they kindly didn't throw me out into the chilling night, but let me in and gave me some champagne, the good people! I was very grateful to warm up because I had been out and about in London for hours, with an hour's break at a particularly nice grubby pub where I almost finished plotting the fox novel and amused myself matching Hollywood actors to characters I'd made up (it's free and easy entertainment, that).
I got to say hello to some authors and illustrators I'd only knew by name before, which was fun, and I had nice people coming over saying they liked my book even though I didn't have a name tag, which was surprising and joyous. And I wore my gran's necklace that I inherited some time ago, because I thought she would have liked me to wear it to a palace do.

And now I must spend all day preparing for a meeting on Friday, because I have about a week's work still to do on that...

2 comments:

Eric Orchard said...

This sounds so cool! Did you take pictures?

Viviane Schwarz said...

No... I had a camera but I think it would have looked off what with the no name-tag and all... but there was a photographer so I might be in some paper...