Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Busy Day

I got up early and did some morning knitting and shopping, and because everything was bright and beautiful I bought tastier food than I normally do. I also made momentous decisions, as you do, firstly to stop putting concealer under my eyes every day - I mean, if I only had dark circles now and then, okay, but since they are there all the time they are actually part of my face, so people can get used to them. Secondly... secondly I already forgot. I hope I already did whatever it was.

I knitted the gums of the Morsicant puppet and started on the lips, and it is nice and snappy already. And then I really got going on my paid work... I have almost finished a new rough dummy, actually the old dummy photocopied and changed around with scotch tape and torn paper and scrawls. I think when I deliver it to the publisher I'll add a bag of sweets and a note of apology to the poor person who needs to scan it. There will be a meeting inbetween so I expect it will get covered in even more layers of scrawls and tape.
More to do now, still a few spreads left, and for a change there are materials for cheese and pickle sandwiches in the house...

Oh, and I also added a sound to my web page, just because I happened to record it and it sounds pretty much like my thoughts when I'm drawing stuff.

2 comments:

alex milway said...

Always bribe people. It's the best way. Cake might be an option too?

Viviane Schwarz said...

Might be in order - I'll finish it and see if the pages still turn...