Sunday, November 30, 2008

Alarmed Cats at Crystal Palace

So... I got to the bookshop and met these guys - aren't they lovely?? They look terrified for some reason. I was so impressed!

Bookseller Crow Cats

(here's a nicer photo - also includes my elbow)

Then I spent some time signing, and some time knitting (I made about half a new stripy Moonpie cat) and decided after a while to do less knitting and more signing because - as knitting will do - the place got a bit covered in wool and cups of tea and looked not very much like a signing table and I forgot about the customers for a while and just thought knitting thoughts. Note to self: people don't expect authours to be knitting when signing. Was a hit with some though, one small girl by the very good name of Aurora demanded I knit a row for her entertainment before she left, as advertised. - I think I perfected my author signature by the end of the day, this is the very last one:

signed book

don't try and forge cheques with that one, they'll think you've gone strange. My legal signature is just a weird scrawl... I think I might do a different one for every book now.

I think I'll return to Crystal Palace soon, when it's not raining, to look at the stone Dinosaurs and stroll around the other nice shops.

9 comments:

Frøydis said...

Aw! That's the prettiest signature I've ever seen :)

alex said...

Ahh! could you edit my name to say alex - I was fast asleep when I wrote that comment!

sorry...

Eric Orchard said...

Congrats on a successful signing! I bet kids love you and your elbow! Great signature.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Hi Alex! - Blogger doesn't let me edit comments so I deleted it. Thanks for getting me that signing, it was great - I took two Mousehunter books home at the end of the day - good deal all round :)

Katie Lee said...

I was so sad to miss seeing you! I hope you'll come back to the Palace soon! Glad you enjoyed yourself - and got some knitting done!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful signature! :-)

Viviane Schwarz said...

Thank you :) I shall practise a trick where people can tell me their favourite animal and I make my signature in that shape... hah...

Almost finished the cat I started!

Swati said...

Cute :)

And if you are going to practice making animal signatures, hmmmm, how about.... how about an Emperor penguin please?

Also, I just realized that I hadn't got the email-follow-up-comments box ticked, so I have missed a few of your replies, if there were, but which I wouldn't know as I have forgotten which posts I have left comments on - oh, just saying please don't mind if I seem to be not responding to your replies!

Viviane Schwarz said...

I tried Emperor Penguin recently actually, not quite there yet...