Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Time travelling supply shop

Something weird just happened to me. - I've been using Japanese drawing nibs for over a year now, ever since I ordered a batch from a friendly shop on the web. I remember that back then, the email invoice actually arrived at the same second as the postman ringing my doorbell with the box, which was weird.
A couple of days ago I was thinking that it would be nice to have a second pen holder, and I wanted to order one, but I'd lost the address of that shop. I thought I'd look it up some time soon.
Now this evening I was just dressing up as the Ultimate Warrior and making scary faces to distract myself from my tax return when I got an email invoice from that shop, saying that they'd send me my pen holder ASAP. But I didn't order one! I checked the order date, and it's more than a year old... and paid for, too. But I didn't order a pen holder last year, either... did I? So now I am sitting here, just after midnight, with a big bird drawn on my face in lipstick, considering the apparent fact that some Japanese art supply shop is reading my mind and/or travelling in time to get me what I want before I ask for it. I guess that's quite a good place to be in life, really.

I think I'll go to bed now.

1 comment:

Eric Orchard said...

Ms. Schwartz, you are an inspiration.