Monday, October 13, 2008

Selling...

I just sold my first few pieces of Cat artwork, even before opening my shop. I'll have to mount and sign them properly, and once I've done that, I'll get some more ready to sell here. Any maybe some other things! - Now I am learning why illustrators sometimes do their artwork on these huge big sheets of precious paper instead of (like me) on scraps of mixed watercolour stock. I shall become more respectable, and at least work on sheets big and neat enough to window-frame. Until then, some bargains to be had of lovingly mounted paper scraps with cats on... to be quite honest, I think they look nicer on mounted scraps than on big sheets, big sheets always make me thing "Aw, but I could have fitted six drawings on this!!!"

Otherwise: bah. Just bought a big bag of kale and it was rotten inside. Bad smell, that, and one I've never come across before. But on the good side, we now have a table-cloth on the table, AND a fruit bowl. It's full of vegetables but I don't think that takes away from the concept. This would sound more surprising to you if you realised some months ago we didn't actually have a table. I'm mostly surprised how pleasant it is to have a table, actually.

9 comments:

warriorgrrl said...

Can I buy one please? Where can I see what you're selling? My studio needs decorating!

warriorgrrl said...

:)

Viviane Schwarz said...

Yayy :) I'd be honoured and most pleased!
Well, if I wasn't stuck on trying to adjust Twitter I'd be working on my web shop this minute... after all I just need a gallery page to show what's there!
I also need to sit down and very carefully glue all the little guys to nice paper... that's scheduled for Friday, so I might put a shop up next week.
Oh this is very exciting! I almost feel like I might stop procrastinating any minute :D

warriorgrrl said...

Ah, just download Twhirl and you're golden:

http://www.twhirl.org/

Now - get to that shop and I will make more music. Pact?

Viviane Schwarz said...

Harr! OK buy a cat and I make more art :D This seems like a good way to get things done, yay!
I promise I'll try and get it up and running next week!

Moo. I tried installing Twhirl, I noticed your tweets are coming from there - the Adobe thing that runs Twhirl has some sort of bug in the Ubuntu repository (or something similar, I can't remember) and also it's also demanding full access to my system (I guess loads of things do, but it sort of does it with a big warning screen)... I seem to remember I got over myself, installed it anyway and then it didn't run... gah. Am waiting for the perfect Ubuntu Twitter client to emerge.

warriorgrrl said...

Hmph, damn Twhirl.

Twitux? http://www.sizlopedia.com/2008/05/03/twitter-clients-for-ubuntu-linux/

:)

Viviane Schwarz said...

That's the one I'm using... it's nice but very basic, I end up using firefox instead half the time. AM just trying out some weird special integrated GNOME desktop thingy...

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

Put me down for one of those pieces of cat art!! please.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Wait until I've put them all up in the shop, they'll be all shapes and sizes... Well, rectangular really, but you know.
:)