Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Na No Wri Mo

OK... this year I am signing up for NaNoWriMo. (Thanks for the nudge, Lau!)

Here's my profile page.
The aim, as always, is to write a 50.000 word novel within November. Should be quite possible! I have a whole load of novel ideas knocking about here but never seem to get started on them, this might just be the way to get something done! I'll just pick one of the more vague ideas, I think, and see what becomes of it. I do hope it won't be another horror novel, for some reason all my novels come out that way.

6 comments:

warriorgrrl said...

Hurrah you signed up! I'm just getting everyone else to do it as well so I'll actually go through with it. I have absolutely no ideas, but I have silly sunglasses:

http://www.nanowrimo.org/user/309313

Viviane Schwarz said...

Yah! :) I always meant to but never quite got around to it... it'll be great! Hum, I can't connect to the site at the mo, something tells me it's time to switch the computer off for a few hours.

I wonder if it's a good idea to think about the novel already or if it's better to just start out of the blue? Mine's just going to be about monsters again, I know it... There must be other plots... well, why not I guess.
I do have one that's not at all written but just exists as a collection of objects in a box waiting for me to become a brilliant writer. Maybe I should crack that open before it rots (one of the objects is a five year old chocolate sardine)...

Viviane Schwarz said...

Now it works! Yay!

ARGH I have profile picture envy now! :D

warriorgrrl said...

Hehe, sadly I didn't buy any of the glasses otherwise I would lend them to you and you could do the same foolish pose as me...

warriorgrrl said...

:)

Viviane Schwarz said...

Hah! That's an excellent use of glasses, money-wise... in a few years time no-one will ever know you didn't own them and you'll still have the pictures! I wonder why I never thought of that? My profile pictures are going to improve now! :D