Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Evil Ping, but good food

We spent all day cooking today and made a glorious meal... some of it balcony-grown! Now I am stuffed and happy. There will be leftovers for DAYS!

Also - I decided that I've probably messed loads of stuff up on my computer while learning the ropes, so I re-installed everything from scratch, inbetween frying tomatoes and such. And just then, late at night, well-fed, I worked out why the email program crashes the system every time I get a mail. It's the little PING sound. The PING sound crashes EVERYTHING. How mad is that??? I disabled it, and that solved it. - Weird!!!

Yes, I am completely obsessed and this computer stuff is getting boring. I promise to go back to drawing tomorrow, now that I don't have to worry that some incoming mail crashes all my work...

4 comments:

Leonard said...

Hi,Silvi! How are you? I`m fine.
I`ve seen your nice pictures and
textes.I would be glad if you write
back!
Greetings,Leo (your nephew)!

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

Viviane- I read your posts about this computer stuff in awe. The simplist little computer glitch on this end sends me into a tail spin and I wouldn't even know where to begin to fix it.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Oh Hallo Leo! Of course I'll write! Tell your mum to get you a computer with an internet connection :) or no, I'll just send a letter.

Steph - hah, that's only because I have two laptops as well now, one that runs Photoshop (if I need to work and this one breaks) and one that'll pick up a WiFi signal anywhere (in case I need to be in contact with the world and this breaks)... which makes a person much more relaxed about these things... and a whole load of flash drives to back everything up, too.
By the way, I wouldn't have thought it but buying the eeePC some months ago was one of the best ideas ever, it's been a great help when BT cut us off the phone net by accident, and suchlike... it's so useful to have a little emergency computer in the back pocket!

Viviane Schwarz said...

Also... I am still just enjoying Linux. So far I've not found anything that I strongly preferred in Windows, or even on the mac... it's just really friendly. Setting it up involved a whole lot of nerdiness, though, it feels a bit like I need to explain some things to it, like 'you got two screens now... no really!' and 'this is a graphics tablet... honestly!' but it seems to accept all these things in good humour.