Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pretty

Today I think is a good day to try out my new watercolour box...



I bought it last time I was in the art shop, it used to be over a hundred quid. I've always wanted a nice watercolour box with enamel pans, I've still got the one that I got given at an education fair I went to with my mum when I was small, there was a PELIKAN stall and they let me try out their materials because I was bored. Then they gave me a very nice paintbrush (since lost) and my mum bought me a watercolour box. And then I somewhere acquired a second one, it's someone's old one but I can't remember whose. Anyway! I've wanted an enamel travel box for ages but they are so heavy... now they had a lightweight one for less than half price, and sionce I am going on a painting trip to France with my sister soon anyway I figured it's time to buy it at last!

Otherwise... my parents just put one of their old PCs in the post for me, I'm planning to try and run Linux on it and have it as my main everyday computer, so next time I pour coffee into my laptop it's not potentially the end of the world.

3 comments:

Eric Orchard said...

So much cool stuff...trolls...Lino cuts...new pc.

Viviane Schwarz said...

... and if I could find a clean fork I could eat my fried breakfast!

I'd better take a lunch-break and survey the real world and the state it's in...

...huh!

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

New toys and a life boat! That IS a good day.