Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Have I got anything to say today? Hm.

We bought a new drying rack, which is nice... and I spent about a day installing the most complicated gizmo I ever came across, a Freeview DVD recorder (surprisingly baffling). I successfully recorded the Synchronised swimming, so that's done I think. And I have my own stereo now.
That's my life at the moment, cables and cables, and me reading theory books and using rolls and rolls of sticky tapes and post-its making ambitious dummies. And sleeping. My head is completely full of work and I haven't communicated much with most of my friends for weeks... Ah well.

2 comments:

Eric Orchard said...

What theory books are you reading? I love theory, I'm such a nerd for it. Is your work coming along well? I have a ton of stuff to do to, but keep procrastinating.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Yes work is coming along really well actually, I am properly booked up and it's all stuff I am proud to be working on... Actually the only proper Theory book I am reading is Joseph Campbell's "The Hero with a 1000 Faces" which I've been meaning to read since college because I had a feeling I'd agree with it strongly, and now I needed to read it for work. But it feels generally like I am studying again at the moment, I've been going to see a lot of paintings, too and scribbling away in my little notebook. That's why I'm not blogging much at the moment, it would feel like giving a report to class about mythology and human endeavour in art across the ages. I saw a great Cy Twombly exhibition at the Tate Modern and almost wrote a long post about it but then just ended up telling my pen friend instead and that felt like I'd written it down already, so I let it be. I also went to a drawing exhibition and one about British Painting of the Orient, and read up about everything... and besides I'm reading a book of Celtic mythology, which I've steered clear off over the years because I thought it was like all the bits of Lord of the Rings etc. I don't enjoy (elves), but it turns out it's like the bits I do like, too (the rest).

I'm procrastinating too, mostly because I've got access to a PS3 AND a PS2 now, downloaded some most excellent 2D games (will probably disappear from this earth completely when they bring out "Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic"), and I am very close to finally finishing "Shadow of the Colossus" (don't anyone tell me how it ends!)