Thursday, August 7, 2008

Guts and Glory!

Yayy! I found time to stick the next couple of pages of Sleepwalkers online.



Click on the picture to see the rest of this riveting episode. The white sheep has her sword out and everything! And... might they actually find the swallowed child tonight? Suspense!!!

Otherwise it has been POURING with rain in the most impressive manner, and now the sun came out and the world looks car-washed and radiant. SO I will set off and buy some dental floss to bind my new book. Dental floss is very good for bookbinding in the absence of real bookbinding thread, which is not often to hand when one needs it I find. I hope they have something that doesn't smell too minty.

2 comments:

Dave Shelton said...

I had read that dental floss was good for bookbinding and used some to hold together some books I had made for a project on my MA illustration course ten years ago. Unfortunately I used the waxed variety and so all the knots slipped and the pages came loose.

Oops.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Yep! That sounds familiar... and it's all I could get my hands on today, waxed AND minty in fact. I think it'll hold in combination with lots of glue on the spine, and I stitched it on tapes which should help. Not ideal, though. I think I'll not glue the covers on for a while yet so I can re-stitch if needs be...