Saturday, July 26, 2008

WOW!

Look what I got in the post yesterday:

WOW

... a big fat book containing 366 stories of 366 words each. Sales will benefit a helpline for children. The authors include our very Prime Minister Gordown Brown, also Terry Jones, Anne Fine and I don't yet know who else because I haven't read it yet, but if you turn to page 249 you will find a story titled "HOW TO FIND GOLD" by me myself. It's right next to Raymond Briggs' contribution, so when I checked the proofs of mine weeks ago I got to read just the peculiar tail-end of it (which lingered on the opposite page) and I wondered: who is this grumpy nutter and why does my story have to sit next to this??? - Now I got to read the beginning as well, and I am glad to say that as a whole it makes sense, and makes me proud :)
I've only read a few stories so far, but it seems to me that the very tight deadline has done it good, it feels like you get to drop by all these writers' homes for a cup of tea and demand a story. Impromptu and personal, yes, that's the words.

Oh and I believe it's on sale already...

1 comment:

Viviane Schwarz said...

What's it with the silky skin? Am I real? I must have wobbled the camera in a particularly clever way there. Smooth!!