Tuesday, July 8, 2008

...

I'll colour in the first three pages today and post them... and this morning I stayed in bed and extra hour and made up most of the next Sleepwalkers story. I'm allowing myself to change styles and format when I like... I have no fixed idea on how I would like my comics to look eventually, I just want to gradually work out how I like to make them in a way that's not too much drawing work (since it has to run parallel with the paid projects) but allows for lots of ideas...

Also - this morning on BoingBoing I saw that the guy who is making subway-inflated trash bag balloon animals in New York has made a huge giraffe, a minotaur and the Loch Ness Monster now. Have a look! You know how bin bags look alive when they blow on the wind? It's like he realised they wanted limbs and heads...

2 comments:

Eric Orchard said...

It's breathtaking in colour! Just amazing. Here's another link, I think one of your artistic soul mates:
http://www.reneefrench.com
Follow the links to the comics.

Also, do you know Tony Millionaire's work?
http://www.maakies.com

And you must know Per Dybvig?

Viviane Schwarz said...

Hooray thnak you! I think a bit of colour helps...

Oh more good links!

Hmmm I love the Sock Monkey comics, I didn't know there was a Tony Millionaire website...

No I don't know Per Dybvig - send more links! :)