Monday, May 19, 2008

Surprisingly...

... I just bought a very very small computer. I was sitting in the park in Edinburgh, sniffling miserably to some extent due to a cold I developed at Loch Lomond and thought: I wish I could write a novel now. Then I thought: Hmmm I wonder how much these tinytiny computers are... and now I suddenly own an eePC and I am so excited... there seems to be naught wrong with it! It's tiny, with three hours battery life, a nice keyboard and it runs LINUX, so none of that Microsoft grief... and it even has a slot to read digital photos, and a wireless modem built in, so instead of having a machine that will be just for writing any time any place I am hooked back on the web whether I want it or not. Ah well!

Here's a picture of me being happy which it took with its gratiutous in-built web cam.



And have I started writing that novel? Yes I have.

3 comments:

Frøydis said...

aah, those are great, huh? My dad borrowed one for me and my brother each to use in Russia and China, and I was really sad when I had to give it back. I want to have one so I can write novels wherever. The only problem with it however was that I couldn't make it write æøå, which is important.

I'm really happy today. I'll write you a mail soon, I promise!

Viviane Schwarz said...

Yes that was what inspired me! I am really fond of it already! And they aren'
t even that expensive, yayy...
Aaah I'm glad you're happy, yes send mail! I'd probablt mail too because now i have a cold and still two days in Edinburgh and I’ll probably be stuck in bed mostly with this computer... but of course I got no email address book here at all!

Viviane Schwarz said...

Ah blissful days before the dread thing started malfunctioning.