Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring Clean

Oof. It's that recurring time in life where I need to make a choice between sorting every item in my room and chucking out at least a third of them or moving house. Or at least find myself a separate studio. So I am tidying, and as I hoped at long last the lost library book has re-emerged, I've been renewing it since January or some such, and it definitely is due NOW. It was nestling rather tidily in the cable-box under my bed, where I'd checked at least ten times already because I had this disturbing memory of putting it there and thinking "why? why? why?" at the same time.
Also I decided to stop despairing about having no place at all to put project files and artwork - every time I finish a drawing, I stand in the middle of the room feeling a bit sad before tucking it between some books or in a box under my bed, thinking "if I am a professional artist why don't I have a plan chest or something?" - Surely if there is no space for artwork in my studio, there must be SOMETHING that's taking up the space. Can't be just my bed. Or the double bass. Or the three birds. Or the three desks. Or the old sewing machine. hang on - old sewing machine???

OK I better get back to work here...

3 comments:

Mike Farley said...

I know what you mean about clutter. My desk currently resembles a paper factory that someone has chucked at least three hand grenades into. Lovely blog, keep up the good work.

Stephanie Roth said...

Spring cleaning- it's one of my favorite things...I always discover things that I thought I had lost..or I just forgot about. I so like that feeling of tossing useless stuff out and then standing back at the end of it and looking at the organized, clean result! So much easier to creat new things when the old stuff is out of the way- true thing about life too!

Viviane Schwarz said...

Arrrh and it's still not finished!

Hello Mike! Thank you!!