Friday, April 25, 2008

No more Bob

Bob the Zebra Finch just died after long unwellness - he'd been sick on and off for months. I think that some bird-illness got into my little tribe when I bought Henry the leftover finch from Pets at Home, ignoring the fact that the place was full of sickly birds. I hope that this is the end of that now, my other two birds seem healthy... it's rather depressing seeing these little guys drop dead like that, but I know I've been treating them well. Oof, now I have to work out what to do with Thingummy the Lonely Finch who is a bit dense and normally just did whatever Bob was doing (eating bathing honking flying beak-fencing cuddling sleeping) to the point that when Bob started just sitting there being sick he seemed to go "Oh is THAT what we're doing now... sitting around... aaah I'm bored! Beakfence! No? Ok, sitting around time it is..." and now he's calling out for any finches in the area. I hope he'll work things out and maybe make friends with the canary.

Anyway, I'm going for a swim now and then I shall make some drawings. I haven't posted drawings here in ages!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie Roth said...

I'm sorry to hear about Bob...it is hard to stand by and not know what's going on with our animal roomates...

Viviane Schwarz said...

Yes... good thing these wee finches die very quickly once they get sick, he was still flying around the ceiling lamp the day before (dropped onto the bed with exhaustion though). I don't like the night before when you can tell that it's the last night because they fall off the perch and scrabble into the corners. :(