Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hugs and Virtual Reality

Hug!

Lovely day, and I am working on some character designs... and here's a drawing I did yesterday in the half-dark while watching BEOWULF, which was fun, but not as much fun as watching the "making of" extras... here they are on youtube - the best bits are quite late on when you get to see some actual scenes with the actors working very hard that they are wearing cloaks and armour instead of neoprene suits and rubber caps, that the pink wire frame thing they are holding is a sacred object or a heavy sword, that the weirdo covered in sticky-dots they are talking to is the King of all Thanes and that they are not stuck in a victorian-looking piece of heavy machinery with technicians turning hand-cranks to rotate them on two angles. Or, in fact, that they are a dragon the size of a house, flying and vomiting flame.
Everything that struck me as a bit weird about the way the characters act and move when watching the film is thus neatly explained, and I suddenly am very fond of it.

2 comments:

Stephanie Roth said...

That's a really lovely drawing- very happy, tender, sweet...

I saw Beowulf about a week ago- when I was watching it I thought of how amazed people were with the first video games that came out- like "pong" ...they've come a long way since pong.

Viviane Schwarz said...

They sure have! I downloaded a demo for "Devil May Cry" a couple of days ago and I couldn't actually believe it.

:) Thanks... I must post more drawings, most of the one sI'm doing are secret, which is annoying because I want to show them off! But some doodles and drawing exercises are in order I think.