Sunday, April 13, 2008

Bags...

Crochet Plastic Bags

My recycled bag is taking shape, and looking at the stripes I am noticing something surprising: most of my bags are from local shops (blue, black, stripy) - for some reason I am really rubbish at saying "I don't need a bag" loudly and clearly before they've bagged it all up and handed it over already. In the big chain stores they bag more slowly, so I can stop them usually. Hence only one pink Superdrug bag which I only accepted because I rather wanted a pink stripe in this thing, and one orange Sainsbury's from buying more than fitted into my backpack, and some Morrissons' - for the same reason. It'll be interesting if and when they get rid of free plastic bags... I really hope they won't replace them completely with thick "bags for life" for tenpence because people will just buy them, grumble, and chuck them anyway. I'd prefer to see thin recycled "overspill" bags for when you bought more than what fits in the bag you hopefully brought, or when you go shopping without planning to go, for a small charge - and then them being collected for recycling, like paper.

Blah blah... drawings now!

1 comment:

Eric Orchard said...

Looks lovely, and the museum visit sounds like a really cool adventure.
Did you get my letter yet? I'm afraid it will be very a very belated card...