Thursday, February 21, 2008

Peter Lustig



I was just researching something on the web when I came across this guy... I'd completely forgotten about him. He was the presenter of my favourite childrens' program when I was small. He lived in a converted construction trailer in someone's front garden, with a stairway made from chairs leading to a pretty roof terrace, and every week he explained some part of the world. Like why dogs have four legs, why the rain falls, where the night comes from, how holes get into the cheese, and he'd make things and take things apart... it really shaped my idea of what being a grown-up entails (which might explain a thing or two).
I think he went to sea and into space as well...
And every episode ended with him saying "Are you still there? Turn off the telly!"

So I printed off a picture to pin up in the place where I'd considered putting a small wall-mounted TV. He's explaining how a phone works here.

Alexis decided he'd better add some bits, and did. Now you can REALLY see how it works.

2 comments:

Eric Orchard said...

Very cool! I get such a strange feeling when childhood stuff comes back to visit. I ordered Un Lun Dun 2 days ago and it already arrived, it looks amazing!

Viviane Schwarz said...

It's odd, no? But so nice when it's just as you remember!

I hope you're enjoying the book...