Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Finishing a Story...

I'm just getting ready for a meeting tomorrow - finishing a thumbnail-dummy and script for a new book. I'd have finished it yesterday but I decided to clean up[ and re-arrange the studio instead. Now it looks like a good sunny day, perfect for writing hopefully funny things about hamsters.

I got some nice reviews in the mail today, all for "Timothy". One of them called the artwork "Informal", I thought that was a nice comment...

And I got a contract in the mail, too. Huzzah!

I was thinking about how slightly frustrating it is that I can never blog very much of my work-in-progress because I don't like giving too much away before publication, but I got loads of stuff from finished projects - should I sometimes blog some old development work? I always think some of these heavily used dummies and annotated lay-outs are fun to look at...

2 comments:

Eric Orchard said...

Please post the development stuff! I'd love to see it.

Viviane Schwarz said...

I shall! It's a nice project for next time I sort through all these folders in my wardrobe ... One day I want a studio with a real plan chest!