Sunday, January 13, 2008

Looking For Inspiration...

I'm just looking for an out-of-copyright text to turn into a picture book... always a good thing to be planning. There's all sorts of things I remember being impressed about as a child, and just then now I downloaded Edward Lear's Nonsense Books on Gutenberg... it's a great e-text, fully illustrated and hyperlinked, I totally recommend everybody download it right now.

Hmm, I'll keep looking... something with animals... and adventures... there's loads of great ballads I can think of, mostly German though... hmm...

Helga is still alive and hopping about on her mangled toe, I have hopes the vet will sort it all out tomorrow.

3 comments:

Eric Orchard said...

I'm going to insist you do 12 brothers as well...or another Grimm tale...

Stephanie Roth said...

How is Helga doing?

Viviane Schwarz said...

Helga is quite insulted. The vet left the toe on, upside down and all, because she said it was better for her to keep it for balance. We put some shelves mad of cuttlefish bones in her cage so she can rest on them without gripping, and she's been doing that most of the time... but she got bored today, so we let her out of the cage for a little bit. I'm still quite worried but I guess if it doesn't get better she'll learn to balance on one foot, and if it gets worse the vet will help...

Hah, I might try illustrating that story! Or one of the others where a girl goes to find her bird-brothers, up a glass mountain or somewhere.