Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Chaos



Here's me in Edinburgh making a stupid face.

And now I'm back in London, and struggling to make sense of the world... there's loads of work to do, but the studio looks like this:




and there's no bathroom. In a couple of weeks' time there will be a wonderful bathroom and wonderful studio shelves that will make everything very neat and brilliant, but until then I am sitting on a heap of physical confusion, and I am finding it hard to plan the day... I normally work along visual lines, first clearing a space and then putting only the things that need dealing with there. Now I spend all day moving stuff about aimlessly and trying to remember where I put my clothes, my lunch or my work and what it was that I meant to do right now, because there is an overwhelming impulse to TIDY UP all the time...

2 comments:

Dave Shelton said...

"Now I spend all day moving stuff about aimlessly and trying to remember where I put my clothes, my lunch or my work and what it was that I meant to do right now,"

Welcome to my world.

Viviane Schwarz said...

I really feel I'm burning all my breakfast calories just locating my socks and putting them on without trapping any stray bits of art materials, pets or inexplicable metal shrapnel...

I just remembered what I meant to do today was call the inland revenue and make a new dummy book (deadline tomorrow), instead I traced a large scale map of Europe with all the rivers, I put two layers of Danish oil on all the shelves in the studio and I bought three rolls of strong magnetic tape on ebay.
This must end!