Sunday, December 16, 2007

Beedle Madness...

Soooo... J.K. Rowling auctioned off a handwritten copy of "The Tales Of Beedle the Bard" (for a sensible charity, I v. much approve) and all we can say from the pictures is it looks a bit like it's written with a BIC (which I find very endearing, actually). So now I recommend watching the prescient web reviews of the stories within while there's still bits of raunchy fan fiction being mistaken for the real thing. There's a Beedle Wiki going already, and I recommend reading the plot of "The Warlock's Hairy Heart" before it gets deleted by people who know better... Quote: "the horrible heart is "pierced" by the beauty of her skin and the scent of her hair. "Grown strange" from being disconnected from his body for so long, the now "blind" and "perverse" heart takes savage action."
Mmmm'kay.... I really hope Amazon won't hurry with their "official" reviews!!!!


(NOTE ...and the second after I posted this someone deleted it all, but I saved it for my collection!)

(ANOTHER NOTE) ...and now Amazon HAS posted their official reviews and... the peculiar fan-fiction WAS the real thing!!! OK, I'm happy now.

1 comment:

Eric Orchard said...

Yikes! That's some lurid writing. The spread looks amazing.