Thursday, December 20, 2007

Almost Christmas Now

Last night I went to the South Bank to watch Kneehigh's "Rapunzel", which was very pleasant. I didn't quite know what to expect, and it turned out to be almost a panto. That is, there were all the elements that I (as a non-Brit) am aware of, but toned down. The hissing was very polite, and the shouting optional. And there was a HUGE live rabbit on stage. So - I can tick off another Christmas item, have gone seen Christmas entertainment. Now I need to get back into town and look for the last couple of Christmas presents. Yawn.



Here's a lovely plate I inherited from my Gran... isn't it pretty? I'll keep useful things on it.

Oh, and if any of notice me missing on their Facebook friends list: I deleted myself, on a whim really. I just never kept up with the virtual ham sandwich/head driller/morris dancing/sumo wrestling/cheese fondue invites and was starting to feel a bit bummed off as well about the compatibility quizzes. ("You and Jim have a TV taste compatibility of 12%. You secretly think he's a sentimental prat for liking Sleepless in Seattle and he never told you he only watches Star Trek at your place because he's lonely on week-ends. We have posted these results to everyone you know and suggest they have all their favourite things in the world laughed at and dismissed by clicking HERE.") So far, it's lovely to be rid of it, and I'm finally catching up with my emails.

2 comments:

Eric Orchard said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Vivien!

Viviane Schwarz said...

Thankyooou!!!! Merry Christmas everyooooneeee!!!! (Wrapped in blanket blinking happily at heap of unexpected presents then spontaneously falling asleep)