Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Crayon Shopping

Gosh, it's a surprise busy day. Must go and get some boxes of crayons at once, because Alexia is visiting in the afternoon to do some crayoning together.
And I need to eke out some time to put down notes for a story... I thought this morning that I need to do some projects that don't involve me coming up with stories because it's just too slow going, it always takes months before I get a concept ok'd for publication. So I thought: why not illustrate a classic? And then: Why not write a story based on a classic? And now I am inspired again.
It's not that I can't come up with anything myself, just that I find it hard to come up with things that publishers agree four-year-old children would like (and their parents, I guess). It's a complicated business.

Off I go into town then... very swiftly since it's GREY out there.

Ah, and as you see, I've decided to mix typed and handwritten entries depending on whether I happen to be at the computer or somewhere else at the time...

No comments: