Friday, October 19, 2007

Lemon and Poppyseed Muffins



I'm in the caffeine-intensive phase of a new book, two weeks of producing presentation material o net a new contract. And there's just one place for me to go at that stage... or any stage that requires concentrated creative thinking... or rather: a number of more or less identical places, reliably spaced in this country... it's bad but true: I head for the nearest Cafe Nero and put myself at a window table with a cup of cofee and a lemon and poppyseed muffin. It needs to be that combination for optimum performance. There's something about the reliable interchangeability... nomally I like variety in my cafe experiences, but not for work. So if you find a muffin paper-shell with traces of lemon and poppy muffin and a whole load of pencil shavings, you might well be on a hot Viv-track. This one photographed in West Dulwich today.



I got a lot done, in fact I got to the stage where I needed to go home and get cutting and pasting novelty elements.

No comments: