Monday, September 10, 2007

Monkey Business

I'm re-starting my day by looking at this picture of a levitating cat.
Aah, better now. I started my day before by waking up with a headache and realising I forgot to do the washing up and grunting at it all trying to locate the instant coffee. Then I realised I have to pack for my holiday (YAYY) and I don't know if I've done enough laundry (NOO) and I have to finish a load of illustration samples for tomorrow (Hrrrwhw) wich I penciled yesterday (YAY) but didn't ink or colour as yet (Hrrmph).



Here's some sketches for you. New book features amongst other things a monkey, so I spent some hours penciling monkeys and holding each one up to Alexis asking "like this??" while watching A LOT of "Monkey Magic" on youTube. Since I've set up my computer work-station I've learned (by accident) how to watch TV on the web, and now Sailor Moon and He-Man keep me distracted from the real world so I can concentrate on the world of little drawings. Some days that helps a lot - this weekend I was mightily distracted from drawing by a friend's birthday party on Saturday where I helped present the surprise present - a lovely DVD projector - which I had to secretly set up above everybody's heads on a transparent landing. Why would anyone want a transparent landing? I guess it's airy. But if I'd considered it properly I wouldn't have worn a skirt. Which was all for the best because I think no-one looked up, and I would have missed the best opportunity to show off my home-knitted skirt to a whole roomful of artists. Ha.
Anyway, the projector is great, I'm almost jealous, not that I had anywhere to keep one - we watched "North by Northwest" on it yesterday after eating loads of party leftovers and it was absolutely amazing. But also the reason why I started the day grumbling and grunting. Arf, could do with another hatful of either sleep or coffee.

OK, time to work!

5 comments:

Eric Orchard said...

Great monkeys...

Stephanie Roth said...

HOliday? Hurray! Where are you going? A monkey book! That's fabulous!!

Viviane Schwarz said...

Thanks :)! Hope it'll happen!

Am going to Edinburgh with all my elegant clothes, leaving all the ink-stained painting-rags behind and spending five days not doing anything sueful and buying fabulous things from charity shops and drinking coffee in peaceful locations... but first it looks like I'm staying up late colouring four-headed monsters.

Stephanie Roth said...

So....when are you coming HERE??

Viviane Schwarz said...

Haaa... I'm still saving up for my Grand America Trip actually!