Saturday, September 1, 2007

Craft Thoughts

I can tell it's Saturday because at breakfast my mind was off work and on craft projects. I've got a number of favourite dresses to mend and a number of favourite collected fabrics to use to that end, and I can't stop thinking about making a giant Jabba-The-Hutt beanbag to replace the sofa. I won't really. But I can't stop making plans... leather or canvas? Face embroidered on or stencilled? Or modelled? Does he need a wooden platform base? - It's somehow unlikely that no one else even embarked on this particular project, so I looked it up, and someone has.

I'm thinking more of a big classy more abstract solution that sits two people, but this shape is also rather ace.

3 comments:

Paige Keiser said...

Boy oh boy I love your work!

Viviane Schwarz said...

Hello Paige! :D Are you visiting from Steph's blog?
Thank you! - That's a compliment from a proper watercolour artist!!! Big respect from over here...

Julie Phillipps said...

Hello Viviane -
I'm a big fan of Nose and Shark & Lobster. I'm cruising webpages for ideas for my own. Your Jabba idea made me laugh out loud.
Thanks, Julie