Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Being Very Grown-Up

Hello! I'm back from tax form mayhem. I filled it all in very neatly and a day before schedule, then I put it in the official envelope, then I put the official envelope in my bag, then I went to the postbox, didn't quite spot a postbox right away, went on to the park, had a pic-nic, and afterwards found that somehow my tax return envelop got soaked, partially dissolved and had big running-ink stains coming through.
I felt melancholy for a moment, then I put it on the lawn to dry and lay down in the sun and concentrated on feeling happy that it was after all filled in at last (and still perfectly readable, just a bit wavy). Then I stuck it in the post-box. Peace for another year, hopefully.

I also went and bought some new shoes to go with my outfit for the award ceremony tomorrow - I'm going in a comfy old dress, so I figured: at least get some clean trainers. Now I just got an after-ceremony dinner invite, and I'm glad I made some sort of an effort, and also glad that I didn't go for the high heels. Especially since my sister is taking me to the London aquarium and lunch before. Busy day tomorrow...

AND I gave in to reality finally, threw the comfy armchair out of my studio-bedroom, lugged the dining table downstairs instead and set up a proper computer work station. Once can't expect to make a living on a coffee table in the corner. Well, not in decency.

2 comments:

han said...

doing your tax return online is soooooo much easier - it holds your hand and skips along with you through the myriad of unfathomable boxes & sections, then tucks you into bed with a big mug of hot chocolate afterwards. i thoroughly recommend it :)

Viviane Schwarz said...

Yes that might be a good idea actually! It's the book-keeping that I find hardest, though... days and days of calculating...