Friday, August 10, 2007

Silly Bird.

Helga laid another egg in the morning - off her sleeping perch instead of in her new nest. It splatted onto the cage floor. I found her sitting on her empty nest, looking glum. Silly bird, that way she'd keep laying eggs forever because she'll never get to a point where she feels there's enough of them in the nest. She'll be like a battery canary!
So I put a glass marble that we found in the swimming pool last week into her nest when she was out next - she looked very surprised but after some deliberation and very quiet chirp?chirp?chirp?chirp? noises sat down on it. All good now. One egg in the nest. I've got another marble somewhere if she splats another one tomorrow.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Dear Viviane

I have been looking through the profile of blog users who have an interest in children's fiction and illustration.

'The Bricks in the Cave' is a children's adventure story. There is an illustrated episode every day for August.

http://bricksinthecave.blogspot.com/

If you have time to take a look at it, I would be really interested in your comments.

Susan Harwood

PS I was explaining how I chose what interests to put on my own profile. I said there wasn't any point in saying I knit when I am wanting to make contact with other writers and illustrators. Perhaps I was wrong!

Viviane Schwarz said...

Lovely idea, blogging a book! I'll have a read!

I think it's a very good idea to list non-writing interests on your site... there's so many artists out there that seeing another shared interest really makes you stand out, I think.