Thursday, August 9, 2007

Done! (Except for tail)

Finished!

...So that's good. Finished my knitting. Reason for knitting not so good: intense surge of frustration due to discovery of food moth infestation. Tupperware box wasn't sealed properly. And that after buying rotten milk in the morning (I so wanted some Cereal for breakfast!!!) and mildewed carrots and moldy mushrooms in the afternoon, all picked up in a hurry. Keeps happening while my mind is focussed on work rather than food-sourcing. I go to the little neighborhood shops with inadequate cooling facilities and over-packaged vegetables sweating in plastic containers. So now I got almost nothing at all done today, except for disinfecting stuff and swearing at rotten food. I've started to make mental notes of which shops will have which food in edible condition in this weather...

Anyway. Cup of tea now and one more go at getting some drawing done today.

P.S. Why don't they have fridges with doors in the shops instead of these stupid open cooling shelves??? Surely they could design some that display the goods and open easily if they put their mind to it.

5 comments:

han said...

what a friendly looking fellow...and i see he is knitting his own tail - bravo!

Viviane Schwarz said...

Thank you! Wow - superquick comment!
Yes I thought he might as well help out... it's all knitted upside down now though. Sigh... Well! Two more to knit!

Lau said...

Have you found the shops with the plastic baskets full of giant snails? They gave me nightmares...

Viviane Schwarz said...

Yes! The food-shop snails. I wonder how they are prepared??
My sister wanted to photograph them as soon as she saw them, with my face directly next to the basket for size reference (I refused that). They bundled her out of the shop physically... after a lot of apologising and explaining she was allowed back in and one photo. Don't mess with them snails I recommend...
There's some really impressive fabric shops around, and if you ever want a fancy wig - they got LOADS of them in the cosmetics shops on the high street! It's wig central here.

Check out "Persepolis" - close to the library - they have a completely mad shop full of tasty food - and goldfish.

Also try out Lordship lane for groceries (Jude Law buys his ice-cream there, apparently).

Viviane Schwarz said...

Oh and Bellenden Road, parallel with the main street, is good for friendly cafes and suchlike. I like Fenton Walsh (brilliant dresses) and Review Bookshop (small but keen).